The ability to create survey reports is one of the most important functions of Startquestion tool. Thanks to it, the user has access to all collected results or to selected answers, if, for example, he decides to create a report based on a filter. What’s more – these results are presented in a graphically attractive (tables, charts) and legible way and can be immediately presented to supervisors, colleagues or published on the official website of the company or individual researcher.
Sometimes, however, the study requires that its results be reviewed on a regular basis and the information contained in the reports is as current as possible. This is what the LIVE report option is for, in which survey results are available „live” – without generating them again manually. Re-generation of a report takes place only when the user opens the report and more than 5 minutes have elapsed since the last generation.
How to create a LIVE report?
The live report is an extension of generating HTML reports. The option is available when generating a report to a file – when you choose an HTML report, you can see a checkbox that allows you to activate it (on how to create reports for a file, see a separate article).
On the list of reports to file, this type is marked with the icon with the inscription „LIVE”.
How does the LIVE reporting function work?
It all depends on how much time elapsed between generating a new LIVE report and opening it:
1. If more than 5 minutes have passed:
- After clicking the LIVE report in the list of reports and opening the page with the report in a new tab, the navigation bar (at the bottom of the page) will display information that the report is being generated, and the date and time of the last update.
- When the report is successfully generated, the user will see a message stating that the report has been generated. After refreshing it will have access to current results.
2. If less than 5 minutes have passed:
After clicking the LIVe report on the list of reports and opening it, the navigation bar (at the bottom of the page) only shows information about the date and time of the last update.
Worth to remember:
- In addition to the possibility of creating a LIVE report, there is also the option of creating a so-called public report. This kind of report will be indexed by the internet search engine and the principle of its activation is the same as the LIVE report.