The quoting mechanism is very useful in these studies, in which the representative selection of the sample is very important. The mechanism may be applied in the registration form for a conference in which the number of people per particular thematic channel is limited.
How do you define quotas?
- First, go to the Settings tab (1), then select option: Quotas (2).
- A menu will appear with instructions on how we can define your amounts.
- In the same place, enter the planned number of respondents (3).
- Then check the boxes for up to three single-choice questions to be a quota filter (4).
- Then go Next.
- Depending on how many questions you decide to select when defining your amount, its distribution will look different.
Creation of an quote on one question
- Step 2 – enter the appropriate number of respondents – in the example below it will be Gender – number of women, and number of men (5), then choose the next option.
- Quotas implementation – later you will be redirected to the place where you can edit your amount (6), you can also delete it (7).
- Most importantly, you have an insight into the stage of your survey, for example how many of your questionnaires have been completed by men and how many women. You can see it o the right side of screen.
Creating quotas on 2-3 questions
- Step 2 – your total predefined amount of respondents – for example, the number will be 200 – split into all answers in the selected questions.
- The sum of quotas in one question must be equal to the limit of respondents.
- If you want the gender to be representative in your study, enter 104 for women and 96 for men (Women approx. 52% of Polish society).
- Step 3 – here you make advanced configuration of the quotas – set the expected number of respondents for each combination of answers.
Each quota can be determined according to your needs, remembering that it must match the amount defined at the beginning – then select the save option.
At the time of saving the changes, a table will appear, thanks to which we will be able to follow the progress of completing the questionnaire by the respondents defined by quotas.
Worth to remember:
- The questions on which we define the quota must be placed at the very beginning of the questionnaire and should be placed on the previous page than the questions from the further part of the questionnaire, which we do not want to ask people after exceeding the quotas.
- Quotas can be defined only on single-choice questions
- Under one quota, you can use up to three single-choice questions
- If you want to change the quota value, you must delete the existing one and define the quota from scratch.
- If there are results in your survey, you will not be able to edit and delete quotas.