This option allows you to place an invitation to complete the survey or the entire questionnaire created on your own website.
What are available tools for collecting data through the website?
1. Go to the Collecting tab.
2. Then select the option 'Website'.
3. After completing the above steps, a menu will appear – in the form of pictures – with all forms of survey distribution on your website. There are four ways to put a survey on your website:
- sticky invitation,
which is a picture that is „glued” to the edge of the browser and thus visible all the time. Clicking on the invitation will open a survey (on a layer, in the same or in a new tab). By default, the banner prepared by us is displayed, but you can upload any image of the invitation and set how it will be displayed.
1. After selecting this option, a menu will appear regarding the settings of the sticky invitation: image / picture (1), vertical (2) or horizontal (3) position, and actions after clicking (4)
2. To choose the option that is right for you, just check the box next to the option that is right for you.
3. We can get the code (5) by clicking Copy to clipboard and then put it at the end of the BODY section of your website, which will cause that the Sticky Invitation will appear in the selected place.
4. Importantly, we can test each option – in the case of a sticky invitation, click on the invitation that appeared after selecting this option.
it displays the entire survey on a layer on the page you are currently viewing. You can display the survey to a visitor immediately or only after a specified time, and configure it to appear to all or just a random sample of users of your site
1. After selecting this option a menu will appear regarding PopUp settings: layer dimensions (1), capping – number of views per one user (2) opening time (3) the probability of popup appearing (4), you can test your popup before placing it on the page .
2. Copy the code (5) by clicking Copy to clipboard and then put it at the end of the BODY section of your website, which will make Popup appear in the selected place.
i.e. placing the entire survey within a specific subpage. You can set the width and height of the frame with the survey. The advantage of this solution is the ability to place on the subpage not only the survey, but also other content such as the article to be covered by the survey.
1. After selecting this option a menu will appear regarding the Iframe settings: frame width and height (1)
2. Copy the code (2) by clicking Copy to clipboard and then put it at the end of the BODY section of your website, which will cause Iframe to appear.
3. All the time you are editing a frame, you can preview it before you put it on your website (3).
is a minimally invasive and very effective form of collecting opinions about the entire site or specific subpage. Questions are displayed in a small window at the bottom of the page. If the survey is short, you can do it in full on the widget. If this is a longer survey, you can use the widget to invite respondents to it, using the widget questions to segment and filter respondents.
NOTE! The widget on Startquestion.com is treated as a separate type of questionnaire.
If you want to run the entire study on the widget Add a new blank survey and select the type of study Widget. If you want to use the widget to invite and segment respondents, first add the Widget with preliminary questions, then create the proper survey and in the widget settings redirect respondents to this survey.
Worth to remember:
- By changing the widget options, you’ll have a preview of what the widget looks like on the website each time.
- Placing the survey on your own website will increase access to it by potential respondents.
- iFrame works very well as an application form for a competition, conference or other event. Such a survey can be easily integrated into the content of the page.
- In PopUp it is worth using a time delay – that will display a popup only after a time set by you.