Thanks to this function of Startquestion.com platform, the answers marked by the respondent will be included in the content of the question you indicate. Below we present you a detailed instruction on what should be done to use the answers provided in the next questions in the questionnaire.
How to refer to the answers from the previous question?
- Sample content of the question whose answer will be used later in the survey: in this example, we ask the respondent about the services of a telecommunications company.
- As you can see in the attached picture is the question number one.
- Now we add question number two necessarily on the next page.
- If we want to use the name of the company selected in question number 1 in the next question content, enter [ANS_1] – where the number is the question number. In the questionnaire editing view, the question will look like this:
- However, when completing the questionnaire, assuming that the respondent selects the answer „Play”(first possible answer), the question will look like this:
- What will happen when the respondent does not find a company that suits him or her and puts in his own answer?
- The company’s manual entry by the respondent will be as in the example above in the further part of the survey:
Worth to remember:
- You can only refer to the answers contained in single-choice questions,
- The question in which we use the [ANS_X] tag can’t be on the same page as the source question or the previous pages. This question must always be on the following pages of the questionnaire!
- At Startquestion.com, we have additional ways for dynamic content and a cafeteria for questions. You will learn this in the article about the labels of the respondents, and in the article about the dynamic cafeteria.