If you already have a database of contacts with additional data about your respondents (See how to do it), you can create a questionnaire, which you will use data from your „Address Book”, that is from the „Contacts” tab.
This function allows you to create a dynamic content of the questionnaire. You can refer to the respondents in its content using a gentleman’s form or by name. The system will ensure that each respondent receives the right content. Your task is to ensure the creation of a template for such communication and for the data that will be substituted in this template.
The undoubted benefit of using such a mechanism is to ensure your clients that they are treated in a special, individual way. But this is not the only case of using the mechanism – there are many examples of use.
If you know the mechanism of mail merge in Microsoft Word, then this mechanism works on similar principles. We hope that this analogy will allow you to understand the meaning and way of acting.
How to create a dedicated invitation?
- In order to completely personalize the questionnaire and the invitation to complete the survey, remember to first add labels to the contacts you have – if you have not already done so.
- For the purposes of this example, we will use the labels presented below.
Remember that you can add your labels at any time, or import them with your contacts file.
- After adding respondents from your contact database, click on the „Settings” tab (1).
- Then select the „Survey settings” option (2)
- Next, in the Security section, set the highest security level (3) with the ability to link a completion with the respondent (4).
- Set the codes of tokens according to your own needs (5), in this case it has no effect.
- Next, go to the „Collect” tab (6), and then select the „E-mail distribution” option (7).
- Als,o on the example below, you can see how the labels in the invitation which will be send to respondents, will look like.
- In the next step, select the „Configure mailing” option (8), and follow the instructions.
- Go to the place where you manage your invitation.
- E-mail address for shipment is your login.
- In case you want the shipment to be from a different address, you must configure the mail server. You can read about how to send invitations from your own email address in this article.
- If you decide to send an invitation from your e-mail address, select the free field (10).
- The content of the invitation normally doesn’t look like it, but you can edit its content in any way (11).
- To personalize your invitation in place of „Message”, put your labels assigned or imported earlier in the contacts section.
You can insert any labels here that will be useful for you.
- Remember that such a label may also be a Token, used as the access code for the survey. If you have your own tokens, you can import them with your contacts and the Token label, and the system will use them instead of automatically generated tokens.
Below the invitation we can see the view of the final message. If the tags have been replaced correctly in this place, they will be correctly replaced in the body of the message
How to create a questionnaire containing respondent’s data?
In this case, your list of respondents must be defined in the same way you defined it for a dedicated invitation. If you have not already done so, follow steps 1-6 from the previous example.
As with the content of the invitation, we can use special label tags in the questionnaire. Just enter the name of the label in square brackets in the right place. E.g. [NAME], does the name „[TITLE]” evoke positive emotions in you?
- For our John, with the example title of the book „White House”, it will be shown in the following way.
Worth to remember:
- To create the dynamic content of the questionnaire and invitations to complete, your survey must have the highest level of security – a survey secured by a token.
- Dynamic labels will appear in your account if you have additional labels in the contact list.
- Special label tags:
- don’t contain diacritics,
- are written in large letters,
- spaces inside them are replaced by” _”.