Using Startquestion platform it’s possible to add a respondent to the recipient database of the survey invitation, without even sending this invitation to him or her. Webhook is nothing else than the URL called via another IT system or opened in a regular browser.
The URL address may look like this:
Where individual abbreviations and names mean:
- id_account – Your account ID on the Startquestion platform. To get to know them please contact us,
- webhook_key and webhook_auth – Webhook key and authorization. Parameters are available after logging into Your user account in the Account -> Settings -> Integrations tab. After generating the keys you will receive their values.
- webhook_name – in this case it is an add-respondent,
- additional_parameters – additional parameters defining the respondent. They can be sent as GET parameters or as POST parameters. Those are:
- email – email address of recipient (person who should get the invitation)
- l1, l2, …., l10 – additional contact field labels. Labels must be defined in advance for the survey to which the invitation is sent. All parameters are optional.
- id_survey – ID of the survey to which the respondent will be added (contact us to get the parameter value). This parameter is mandatory.
An example of URL with additional parameters sent as GET is:
The above Webhook will add the respondent with the address [email protected] to the survey ID = 399793. The respondent will also be described with the values of the labels: John, Snow, CEO, VIP, 601602603. In this example, the labels created in the survey are: Name, Surname, Job title, Segment, telephone number.
Worth to remember:
To get the values of the parameters: id_account, id_survey, please contact us at [email protected].