Professional and aesthetic appearance is the basis for a good survey. If you set a logotype and colors compatible with your company’s or brand’s colors, respondents will gain a lot more confidence in the questionnaire and will certainly be more likely to participate in your research.
By default, in each newly created questionnaire, the Startquestion skin is presented. However, you can change it using the skin you created yourself. What’s more, you can create several skins and use the right look for your research in different projects.
If our color-changing tool offers you too little option, you can include your own CSS spreadsheet in the survey, which allows you to modify all elements of the questionnaire.
How to change the color of the survey skin?
- Click the Design tab:
- In the „Skins” section, you can choose one of the ready skins or create your own.
Hovering over one of the ready templates, will expand the form field allowing its Selection (1), Preview (2), Copying style (4) or editing (3). It is also possible to remove the skin if it was previously selected.
After hovering over the Preview (2), we get the opportunity to see how the survey will look on your computer or on a mobile device.
After selecting one of the options, a simulation of the graphic layout for our survey will be displayed:
Your own graphic design – how to create it?
- Click Design (1), and then Create a custom skin (2).
This will display the skins creator. The wizard is interactive and easy to use. Just click on the selected survey element to edit its appearance.
- On the left side of the wizard we have the option to change the name, font used, background color, and survey favicon.
Each of these elements can be changed in a special window displayed after clicking.For example:
- Startquestion gives you the option to choose the color of the questionnaire from the color circle or to upload a graphic file that will form the background of the survey. In addition, it is possible to set the transparency of the background and shadow. There is also an option to enter the exact color in the field in hexadecimal format, or to find it using the sliders.
If you want to match the graphic background to the resolution of the monitor, the background can also be stretched or repeated.
- As mentioned above, to change the element of the skin, just move the cursor over it and click.
The wizard dynamically marks the indicated element by darkening the remaining ones.
- To change the logo or header, hover over the item and click. The logo editing window will appear.
- To change the color of the survey title and progress bar, hover over the item and click.
Although the colors are represented by a hexadecimal designation, clicking on the color to be changed will display the color wheel again.
- Clicking on the survey questionnaire section will display a color selection window for survey questions and answers.
You can freely choose the colors of each element of the content of the various questions.
Once again, clicking on the selected color will display the color wheel.
- Any changes made to the created skin are saved automatically.
- For advanced users, there is also the option to paste custom CSS stylesheet.
With this option you can further customize the appearance of the survey to your needs.
Worth to remember:
– The system allows you to place one graphic file with the logo in the header. However, if you need to insert more than 1 logo, you can easily „cheat the system” by preparing a graphic file containing any number of logos and uploading as the logo of this file.
– The graphic design of the survey can be changed at any time during the survey.
– Once created skin, you can use all surveys created in your account.
– If you have applied the skin in many of your surveys and change the logo in this skin, the changes will be visible in all surveys using the skin.